Your Blog's Google Health
Here are some hacks for analyzing your blog’s health by using Google, from Nick Wilson. I learned these commands long ago, yet Nick makes this summarization for us. And more important for the bloggers who can not wait to present their blogs to the world, it will tell you how to check your blog’s status of indexing process by Google, your blog’s neighborhood, and linking towards your blog. I collected a command table for quick reference below, and change cetamace.blogspot.com into you own domain name when you’re using them.
"Query Type" ---> [Command]
"Indexed pages in your site" --> [site:cetamac.blogspot.com]
"Pages that refer to your site" --> [allinurl:cetamac.blogspot.com]
"Pages that link to your site" --> [link:cetamac.blogspot.com]
"The current cache of your site" --> [cache:cetamac.blogspot.com]
"Info. we have about your site" --> [info:cetamac.blogspot.com]
"Pages that similar to your site" --> [related:cetamac.blogspot.com]
Also, you would find the full google search command list here. And Google is now offering a new glimpse at exactly how their spider views your Website, Google Sitemaps.
Follow these steps:
1. Login to your Google account (AdWords, Gmail or Analytics)
2. Enter your Website URL at the bottom of Google’s Sitemap.
3. Verify your Website by creating a uniquely-named, but empty HTML file and uploading it to your server. Click on the “verify” link to view instructions on how to do this. More info about verifying your site.
4. Click the “View stats” link
And you can find out:
* The most popular queries that your Website shows up for
* The top queries from which you get click thorough
* Crawl statistics: Pages successfully crawled, pages blocked by robots.txt, pages that generated HTTP errors or were unreachable
* The PageRank distribution within your site
* Various indexing stats (pages indexed, etc.)